Saturday, February 27, 2010

If something can't go on forever, it will stop

This is my last post at/as Shock Minus Control. As I mentioned in my December post, my youngest son (now 7 months) had a congenital heart defect repaired around Christmas time. That repair then failed....was again repaired....and then failed again leading to a replacement of his mitral valve with a mechanical valve. A scary couple of months for our family that thankfully has a happy ending. Our little guy is now doing great.

So, as much as I love writing about economics, after spending three months bedside in a pediatric ICU, I'd rather be cuddling my little boy.

A huge thanks to everyone who has ever stopped by to read what I have to say.

5 comments:

Stephen Gordon said...

Oh, that is happy, happy news. And my joy at hearing it is several orders of magnitude greater than my disappointment at losing a valued member of our blogging community.

Take care of yourself and of your family. And I hope you find the time to comment at WCI every now and again.

Maggie May said...

Thanks Stephen. Your blog was a big part of why I started blogging and I will continue to be an avid reader of WCI.

ErikFreeman said...

I'm happy to hear that things are moving in a positive direction for you and yours. If you would like someone to take over this blog I would be very interested. Please let me know.

Anonymous said...

Good luck and all the best to you and your family

gestão patrimonial said...

Thats really great, when i start reading the post i was expecting not so good news.